Environmental & Sustainabilty Policy
Thread A Pixel is passionate about the world we're borrowing and is working hard to become a carbon neutral company. We aim to minimise our impact on the environment and to optimise the efficient and effective use of resources. This is driven not only by the directors, but with a position of a sustainabilty champion from within the business. It is achieved with transparency and by engaging employees, customers and all stake holders in a process of continuous review and improvement managed in a document we call a "Sustainabilty Action Plan".
Thread A pixel is committed not only to complying with applicable laws in all of its operations, but to minimise its impacts through the development of policies and practices that go beyond the baseline requirements and expectations. The sustainabilty policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To ensure that all stakeholders are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To continually review and strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Below is an example of some of the changes we have already made as a business:
- Planting trees every month to help offset any carbon we have created. As of Sept 2021 we have planted a total of 541 trees which has resuletd in a caron reduction of 37.24t. More information on this can be found by clicking here
- Appointing a sustainabilty champion within the business.
- Replace bulbs within the office to low energy LED's.
- Use a carbon neutral hosting provider
- Promote sustainable workwear and make it easily identifiable by our customers both in our showroom and on the website.
If you would like to help us on our journey to becoming carbon neutral or in fact would like some hints and tips on changes you can make, contact our Sustainabilty Champion Kat by emailing her email@example.com. You can also click this link to view our Sustainabilty Action Plan and follow live the changes we're making as a business.
This policy is reviewed annually with the last review being 1st September 2021 by the Director Chris Butler.